Friday, June 6, 2008
Thank you!
As I typed out the timeline this week, I realized that I would not have survived this roller coaster journey without the support and prayers of family and friends. From the very beginning 2 1/2 years ago the support has been overwhelming. So I thank you! As many of you know, I began praying about adoption over 5 years ago - but still, I took the first steps rather timidly not completely sure of God's plan. But through your prayers and support, He has "made my path straight". A special thank you: To Paul - for the phone call of encouragement and Scripture that first week! To all those involved with The Yard Sale - all those who donated - especially my sister and the ASC folks! - India, Kim, and Linda for your hours of labor! To my BSF group who prayed for me every day for the last 9 months and the leaders who prayed for me and with me for the last 2+ years. I almost included BSF in the timeline because God worked so powerfully in my life through the study of Matthew this year. You all watched and prayed as He changed "my plans" into His plan! You guys are especially dear to my heart and I love you all! (For those of you not familiar with BSF, you are officially invited to the next introduction class near you - The week of September 8th 2008: www.bsfinternational.org.) Also, thanks to a terrific boss who made BSF possible this year and who is always supportive - Marie, you are the best! Thank you Michele and Anne for your medical expertise, time, and prayers! Thanks to the best kids ever - the Waters children (and parents) for your daily prayers for Jordyn. And, last but not least, thanks to my wonderful family for your encouragement, support and love! "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Hi Kim,
Thank you for sending your blog info. I have been praying for this time to come quickly. For some reason I thought this was "suppose" to happen in 2009 so PTL! Jordyn is beautiful and blessed to have you for a mom.
God loves you so dearly, He has given you the desires of your heart as your wise father. I will follow your blog and pray for your's and Jordyn's safety, health and bonding.
Love in the Lord,
Diane Sambrick
Dear Kim,
I was so excited to receive the information for your blog! It is amazing to think that you are on the actual threshold of the "Mothering adventure"!! I can't help but think that the Olympic commercials on TV are really for you and Jordyn. While most of the world sees the commercials and thinks of the glory of man, those of us praying for you and Jordyn will be reminded of the glory of God and His goodness! It's great to know God has set up a reminder to me to pray for you - every time I see an Olympic commercial! :-)
Continuing to pray...
Fabian
Kim! Thank you so much for including me on this information. God is so Good! I'm so happy for you and for Jordyn. She's beautiful! I see Patty a lot at Raleigh Christian when she picks up Mackenna and I pick Mickey up. She had shared with me some of your journey. I also get updates from Patty Wilmoth a lot too! I will be praying for you when you leave Saturday and all the while that you are there...the time will go by so fast...like a whirlwind...and then you will be home with your sweet girl! Take care...Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:4-6. Love in Christ, Karen Ferguson
Kim,
I am so excited for you. I felt you were meant to be a mom "YEARS" ago!! I will be praying for you both and look forward to updates. She is beautiful and very blessed to have you for a mom!! I miss you and think of you often!! God bless you on this wonderful journey!!
Love,
Sonja and Todd, too!!
Kim,
thanks so much for including me in your blog email. words can't describe how excited I am for you and for Jordyn. wow, she is enchanting...those eyes!. i loved the chinese saying about the thread that connects us. God is so good, and you have been so patient in waiting on Him. I will be praying for you and Jordyn as you complete the journey to claim her as your own. Love in Christ, bev
Dear Kim,
I am so excited for you and Jordyn to start your lives together as a family. You are both so blessed to have each other. I cannot wait to meet her when you get a bit more settled back at home. If you ever need anything just call me. 919-241-4302. Have a safe trip to your daughter!
Lots of love
Sarah Pierson
Good Flying :) This is the best time for you. Enjoy!
Heidi
Hi Kim,
I am so excited for you and will look forward to your updates. May God bless you and Jordyn as you begin your journey!
Love,
Carol Wellman
Kim,
I feel so blessed to hear from you and am so happy to learn that Jordyn Ruth will soon be in your arms. You have delighted yourself in the Lord and He has given you the desires of your heart. Ps 37:4 Your journey of faith has been such an inspiration to so many. In His love, Julia Wilkins
Kim, Thank you for including me with your news of the adoption. I am so happy for you and Jordyn. God is so good and he has truly blessed you and Jordyn. I can't wait to meet her and here all about her and watch you two grow together as mother and daughter. I will continue to pray for you both in this new adventure in life. You are about to find out how incredible it is to raise a child and be a parent (challenges, heartaches but most important the love you have for a child.) Take care, be safe and God Bless You both!
Kathy Bock
Kim --I am so happy and excited for you! This is the greatest thing ever...you were meant to be a mom!
Love,
Robin
Dear Kim,
I'm so glad to hear that you arrived safely in China with no troubles! I'm also glad that you will be traveling with some other families. I have only known you for 3 years but in that time I have come to know your great desire to raise your own child in the ways of the Lord. Jordyn & you will be so blessed to have each other. I couldn't be more thrilled for you!
Linda Waterman
We are so happy to get your message today. We think about you every hour or so and wonder what you are doing. Cannot wait to hear how tomorrow unfolds. Love you, Amanda and Dad
Hi Kim,
Oh my goodness!!! You are really there and have already met the beautiful Jordyn!!! I am praying for you both. I already have every confidence in the world of your mothering abilities!!! Jordyn is so lucky to have you. I know you are so excited!!! I will keep folowing and praying. Stay safe and healthy.
Love,
Michele Hawkins
Post a Comment