The weeks are melting away. I can scarcely believe that this Thursday will mark our 6th week at home. Everything is going very well and Jordyn is doing great. There are many areas of progress - and a bit of regression, which I've read I should expect. When I stop and think about what she has been through in her 5 short years (and in the last 6 weeks) I am amazed at how well she is doing. She is very happy and has a zeal for life which is contagious to all who meet her. She seems to feel safe and secure with me and with those friends and family who she sees often. She still gets a bit scared in public - you might remember how this manifested itself in China. Nothing like that now, but there are signs that I've learned that tell me when she is stressed or overwhelmed - and I try to avoid these situations or remove her quickly from them. She is enjoying Sunday School and tomorrow will be her second day of preschool. For those still praying for us - please pray that Jordyn will continue to feel safe, secure and loved as this will open the doors to learning. Still asking for prayer for my return to work - more on that later. I had hoped to have an open house but have decided that it might be too much right now. However, we love visitors so don't hesitate to come by if you can! "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11 Love to all. k
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Graceful September Days
The weeks are melting away. I can scarcely believe that this Thursday will mark our 6th week at home. Everything is going very well and Jordyn is doing great. There are many areas of progress - and a bit of regression, which I've read I should expect. When I stop and think about what she has been through in her 5 short years (and in the last 6 weeks) I am amazed at how well she is doing. She is very happy and has a zeal for life which is contagious to all who meet her. She seems to feel safe and secure with me and with those friends and family who she sees often. She still gets a bit scared in public - you might remember how this manifested itself in China. Nothing like that now, but there are signs that I've learned that tell me when she is stressed or overwhelmed - and I try to avoid these situations or remove her quickly from them. She is enjoying Sunday School and tomorrow will be her second day of preschool. For those still praying for us - please pray that Jordyn will continue to feel safe, secure and loved as this will open the doors to learning. Still asking for prayer for my return to work - more on that later. I had hoped to have an open house but have decided that it might be too much right now. However, we love visitors so don't hesitate to come by if you can! "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11 Love to all. k
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm more and more amazed each time I lay eyes on this child how far she has come and how she steels your heart with her joy and love for life. I love seeing all of the pictures I don't have. Keep them coming.
Aunt Sherry
Post a Comment