Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October





Hi all! Thursday we will celebrate being home for 9 weeks! Everything is going well. Jordyn is very happy and finds joy in each new day. Today was very special as we went to Duke for a visit. We saw so many friends at the ASC and the PACU/Preop at North. Jordyn even got to hear some Chinese from Ho-Yu which was an extra special treat. It was bitter/sweet going back as Marie is not there - but I have great memories and I'm very thankful for the time I had on her team and with that great group of people. Some folks never have a good boss, but I was blessed to have the very best - not once or twice - but three times over the last 12 years. I do thank God for sending me back for the third time last October. I was where I needed to be when I received Jordyn's referral and I thank you Marie and everyone in the unit for all the support. I'll be going back to work on November 24th but I'm transferring to Durham Regional - to a unit that I left exactly 20 years ago. I'll be working with neonates again and I will have a schedule that will allow me to only miss a couple of Jordyn's waking hours 3 times/week. I guess this is what they call coming full circle so maybe I can retire at this place! Thank you all for praying about the job situation. Now - Jordyn news! She is talking a lot and tries to repeat every word I say. She is learning to use a word (mainly please) when she wants something instead of "grunting" - something she may have picked up from Uncle Jeff (ha ha). She really likes preschool (confirmed when Ho-Yu asked her that in Chinese today) and we are going to move her up to the 4 year old class tomorrow. She has been playing with our next door neighbor, Meghan, (also adopted from China) and having a blast. Meghan is so good with Jordyn - she is so patient teaching her things and she encourages her to use words. I also wanted to mention that this blog will be turned into a book for Jordyn to have - I'm going to wait until our 1 year anniversary. All this to say, if you want to make a comment please do because it will be part of the book. I know so many had trouble leaving comments or didn't receive the link to the blog. It's not too late to post - you can even go back and post under another date. If you want to post and have trouble, let me know and I'll do what I can to help. I think this will be a great keepsake for Jordyn one day. More soon - we are planning to go to the fair and the zoo this month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked your site for a while and have enjoyed "catching up"! I am so happy Jordyn is doing so well - she looks incredibly happy. Sorry I missed you in the PACU last week. My daughter had unexpected surgery at UNC that day so I was out. (She's fine). Good luck with your new 'old' job.

Carol Wellman