Monday, February 16, 2009

February




Happy belated Valentine's Day! I cannot believe it is February and we are about to celebrate 7 months!!! What a wonderful 7 months it has been. Jordyn is doing very well and learning new things everyday. I've discovered she has quite a memory and has memorized some things that I thought she had learned! She is saying a lot of English words but needs prompting to use sentences. I went ahead with the speech therapy just for a boost and it's been great as they do more than just "speech". One thing they work on which I never thought about is "what" and "where" - like "what do you do with a book", etc. This is a wonderful place offering lots of services - they have a social class for 4-5 year olds which meets once/week and we are going to start that next week if they have a spot. They also offer OT which we may need down the road but I'm trying things I've read online for now. I don't think Jordyn had ever held a crayon and her fine motor is delayed. She can properly hold a crayon now but still just scribbles and is unable to draw a circle or cross, etc. One thing I read was to transfer buttons from one container to another - so as I write Jordyn is picking up over 300 buttons and putting them in a bottle. She is having a blast! We also "write" in shaving cream and put golf tees in styrofoam - all really fun stuff! I'm looking at schools for the fall and I think I have decided on Neuse Christian (although I have 1 more to look at). They will be starting a transitional kindergarten for 5 year olds. Jordyn will be 6 but I don't think she will be ready for regular kindergarten. Language is still a barrier which effects everything else, of course. This TK class moves at a slower pace and the kids can go to first grade the next year or they can go to kindergarten if needed. Now for other news - I'm unemployed! It's a long story but the short version is I needed to be home with Jordyn a while longer. This whole thing is so bizarre it's as if God is saying "I want you to know I'm in this!" If I did not serve a Sovereign God, I would be wreck by now. And, while I've had my "moments" in these last 3 weeks, I know that this didn't take God by surprise - He's not wringing His hands trying to figure out what to do! So, I will wait and enjoy this cherished time with Jordyn. Please pray for His provision for us - and for His direction. By the way, I think I wrote last about the preschool I was going to look at - well, I looked at many - and I would not be able to leave Jordyn at any of them (some of them I wouldn't leave Luke and Noel!) During this time, a family in my church offered to keep Jordyn. So, when I find a job, Jordyn will be with them until August. Love to all! k

No comments: