Today we celebrated Jordyn's 5th birthday (actual day Tuesday the 26th). I'm not sure who had more fun - her or her family who had so much fun watching her! She's got the opening presents thing figured out now. And, I'm afraid she has developed a taste for sweets as she loved her icecream cake! She loved all her presents - the only problem was trying to figure out which one to play with next! It was a great time! We've had a great week and I'm starting to realize that this will end all too soon as I'm half way through my FMLA. I covet your prayers for guidance concerning my return to work. I was reminded in church this morning about God's call to Abraham to leave his people and country and "go to the land I will show you". God didn't tell him where - but He guided him step by step. When I look back, I realize this entire adoption journey has been like that. He has led me every step in this very unfamilar territory and I don't believe He will stop now - I just need the next step! Thanks to all for hanging with us! k "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you". Psalm 33:20-22
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Birthday Party!
Today we celebrated Jordyn's 5th birthday (actual day Tuesday the 26th). I'm not sure who had more fun - her or her family who had so much fun watching her! She's got the opening presents thing figured out now. And, I'm afraid she has developed a taste for sweets as she loved her icecream cake! She loved all her presents - the only problem was trying to figure out which one to play with next! It was a great time! We've had a great week and I'm starting to realize that this will end all too soon as I'm half way through my FMLA. I covet your prayers for guidance concerning my return to work. I was reminded in church this morning about God's call to Abraham to leave his people and country and "go to the land I will show you". God didn't tell him where - but He guided him step by step. When I look back, I realize this entire adoption journey has been like that. He has led me every step in this very unfamilar territory and I don't believe He will stop now - I just need the next step! Thanks to all for hanging with us! k "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you". Psalm 33:20-22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jordyn!! Kim-she is so beautiful and happy. The love between you shows so clearly in your faces already!
Hope to see you soon,
Robin
Praying that the next step for you will be clear and set in place by the Lord Himself.
Jordyn looks so happy and healthy and beautiful! I'm thankful that the adjustment process has gone well, since getting home.
Keep posting!
cindi simmons
i had a great time at the birthday party! thank you again for having us over kim!
jordyn is adorable!
anna
Post a Comment