Hi all! I've decided to keep the blog going since it is an easy way for everyone to see pictures. Monday will be 4 weeks since Jordyn joined her forever family! In some ways that is hard to believe and in other ways it seems like a life time ago. We are doing great! Jordyn had her first doctor appointment Friday - she was a trooper - only cried for a second when they stuck her for labs. Everything looks good physically (pending labs of course). I'm going to schedule her with a peds ophthalmologist to make sure her eyesight is ok. She is saying new English words everyday - I was in China 2 weeks and I didn't learn any Chinese - so I think this is awesome! Aunt Sherry took us to a Chinese buffet today. The waitress spoke to Jordyn in Chinese and she answered in Chinese. It was obvious that it pleased her to hear her native language. It makes me sad to think how confusing all this must be for her. We went to church today and Jordyn did great (at least that's what they told me). I'm so blessed to be a part of a loving church family who has been praying for this child for over 2 years. They love her and have welcomed her with open arms - and she feels it. Thanks to all who are continuing to follow our journey - please pray that Jordyn will become securely attached; pray for my wisdom and for God's guidance concerning returning to work in October. I will post more pics later this week (and I'll try to get one without sunglasses and hat - she loves them and wants to wear them all the time!) k "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:28
Sunday, August 17, 2008
One month anniversary
Hi all! I've decided to keep the blog going since it is an easy way for everyone to see pictures. Monday will be 4 weeks since Jordyn joined her forever family! In some ways that is hard to believe and in other ways it seems like a life time ago. We are doing great! Jordyn had her first doctor appointment Friday - she was a trooper - only cried for a second when they stuck her for labs. Everything looks good physically (pending labs of course). I'm going to schedule her with a peds ophthalmologist to make sure her eyesight is ok. She is saying new English words everyday - I was in China 2 weeks and I didn't learn any Chinese - so I think this is awesome! Aunt Sherry took us to a Chinese buffet today. The waitress spoke to Jordyn in Chinese and she answered in Chinese. It was obvious that it pleased her to hear her native language. It makes me sad to think how confusing all this must be for her. We went to church today and Jordyn did great (at least that's what they told me). I'm so blessed to be a part of a loving church family who has been praying for this child for over 2 years. They love her and have welcomed her with open arms - and she feels it. Thanks to all who are continuing to follow our journey - please pray that Jordyn will become securely attached; pray for my wisdom and for God's guidance concerning returning to work in October. I will post more pics later this week (and I'll try to get one without sunglasses and hat - she loves them and wants to wear them all the time!) k "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Kim and Jordyn,
WE all love the pictures. Denise H. Karen Turner and Melanie are here looking at the blog. We miss you and are so glad to hear that all is well. Please keep those pictures coming.
love, Liz B.
Post a Comment