Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday


Good evening - or morning. I probably will not know the difference for a while - and I have no idea what the date is. The funniest thing - I went to post on the blog and the page kept coming up in Chinese. The headings on the blog page have been in Chinese for several days but the page opened in English - but not tonight. I finally figured out how to change it back to English. I think that means I've been here too long! Today has been a fun, relaxing day. We went to Shamian Island to shop. I bought Jordyn a stroller and she loves it! It helped me tremendously and I'm going to see if I can hang on to it at least until Washington. Not sure if you have to check strollers or if they are carry on - anyone know? I didn't buy much today but we are going back tomorrow. I'm trying to get the bargaining thing down - I'm told you should try for half the price they tell you - well, that didn't work too well for me. The rest of the day we just messed around the hotel. Jordyn is beginning now to show likes and dislikes with food. The first few days she ate everything - and as much as she could get in her mouth (at one time even). Now she is refusing a lot of things she ate this week. The experienced adoptive parents say the kids eat this way because they don't know when or how much the next meal will be. When they realize there is plenty of food, they slow down and show preferences. Her preference now is Chinese food of course. Congee and rice and noodles. I ordered from room service yesterday at lunch fried vegetables - I expected rice and fried vegetables - well it was a vegetable - I just don't know what it was - it was green and long. No rice. Jordyn went to town with it. Oh well - tomorrow we have to stay in our rooms from 9-12 - this in case the consulate people have questions as they review our dossier and Visa applications. They will call us (or I guess our guide will call us) if there are questions. At 2:30, we are going to some museum and then shopping again on Shamian Island. Then we are going out for a group dinner - The Banana Leaf - supposed to be very good. Tuesday is our swearing in ceremony and we receive the Visas for the kids. Wed we leave for Beijing. Cannot wait to see everyone! By the way, if you notice that Jordyn has on the same clothes all the time you are right! All my clothes were way too big! I thought I took more pictures today - will do better tomorrow. I'm kinda in a daze I think. Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Usually you can check the stroller at the gate, then pick it up as you exit the airplane.
Carol