Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday in Nanchang


Today is our last full day in Nanchang. We are waiting for the children's passports -in China this is done at the police station. On Tuesday, we went to the Civil Affairs Office, the Notary Office, and the the police station in order to complete the adoption and do the paperwork for the passport. The rest of the time we've just been waiting for the passport. We will fly out to Guangzhou tomorrow. This is where the children will obtain their visas to come to the USA. When we come home, the moment the plane touches US soil, the children will all be American citizens! A few of us ventured out for a walk this morning. Crossing the street here is like crossing hwy 40 at 5pm. It was terrifying - cars, buses, bikes and scooters all coming in different directions. I don't think they obey traffic signals and they definitely don't give pedestrians the right of way! We are going to a porcelain factory at 5pm (should be a fun time for Jordyn!) - then to dinner, and then to a fountain show. I'll try to get some pictures. It's hard because Jordyn wants to be carried all the time so the camera stays in the bag! I must say I'm looking forward to Guangzhou. There is a breeze off the water I'm told so not quite so hot. I met a young man who works in housekeeping at the hotel. He speaks very good English - said he learned it in primary school. He is in college now working on a hospitality degree. He has lots of questions about the US and he filled me in on things around here. My dear daughter is sleeping. She likes a 2 hour nap during the day and 10 hours at night - she must be mine, right??!! Things are going very well today and I realize now that the behavior is out of fear. We were on the elevator this morning and several Chinese men got on. She immediately started pulling my hair. Others in the group think she is afraid she will be given away again when we go out - I think they are right. More later - thanks everyone for staying in touch!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Jordyn is such a beautiful little girl. She is so lucky to have you as her Mommy! You have both been blessed in so many ways. Thank you so much for including me in your journey via the blog. I have been thinking of you everyday and praying for your safety. I can't wait to meet Jordyn. Enjoy every minute. You'll both soon be home safe and sound.
All my love,
Liz B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!
I am glad to hear that things are going well and that your journey back home is fast approaching. I am glad that Jordyn is a good sleeper. You probably find yourself just staring at her when she is sleeping. I love to take the time to pray for my children during those peaceful times when all of the days stresses have washed away. Jordyn is blessed to have you praying for her. I hope that you are getting the rest that you need! You remain in our prayers.

Love, Paige

Anonymous said...

What an incredible smile!! That would melt anyone's heart. I am continuing to pray for you and your daughter. What an awesome way to say it. I would love to see you guys. Thanks for keeping in touch over the years and thanks for including me in the blog. I will be keeping up.
Love, Sonja Clapp