Sunday, July 20, 2008
I'm Here!
Hi everyone! I'm in Beijing! It was quite a flight and this is an incredible city. There was another couple from my agency on the flight but I didn't know it until we got here. We are next door to each other in the hotel. The rest of the group is at the Great Wall. I will leave tomorrow (Monday) morning for Jiangxi to meet Jordyn. There are 7 other families going to Jiangxi so I'm thrilled - thought I would be there alone. Hope to be able to update tomorrow night - with pictures! Thank you so much for the comments, e-mails and phone calls! I didn't get a chance to talk with anyone Friday - things got really crazy as my painter finished up Thursday night at 8pm and I had to clean the grout glaze before I could start putting things back together. Needless to say, very little sleep happened thurs or fri! My neighbor and stepmother did all my packing! I haven't had a chance to go through e-mails yet, but I will. I did read the comments here and it was just what I needed when I got here! I think now I may go to sleep for about 12 hours - at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kim,
Glad you're there safe and sound. It was good to get up this morning and know for sure. I kept up with the plane until around 1:00 am, and knew then you were probably starting to descend. We can't wait to learn more as the next few days unfold. Take lots of pictures, email when you can. Things are fine at home so relax and enjoy this wonderful experience. We are having a family fish fry for our celebration when you and Jordyn return. Jeff caught lots of nice fish for the occasion.
Take care,
Love,
Sherry and Jeff
Kim,
I've been checking your blog waiting to hear that you'd finally made it to China! I'm so glad you're there safely, and you are so close to finally having your precious daughter with you! I'm praying for a wonderful "gotcha" day, and that your entire trip is safe and smooth. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your experiences!
Love,
Rachel Treichler
Hi Kim!
You have been in my thoughts often over the past week as you take off on this journey that God has already prepared for you. I am so excited to see the years of prayers become reality. Jordyn is already so blessed to be given a mom like you! I hope that you get some rest. You are in my prayers!!!
Love,
Paige
Hi Kim!
Charles and I are so glad you've arrived safely in Beijing. I am sure you were exhausted upon arrival and grateful to snatch a few hours of sleep after checking into your hotel. It’s great that you’ve met up with another couple who are adopting from the same agency—you’ll have a blast with them and get to share some amazing experiences, I’m sure!
Continue to have a safe trip and we will check your blog regularly to see how things are going for you—Charles and I can't wait to see pictures of you and Jordyn together.
Take care,
Lori Beth & Charles
Kim,
We are so glad to hear you arrived safely and are on your way to be with Jordyn. You both are in our prayers and are wishing you'll all of God"s blessings in this beginning in your lives. Stay safe and we are so glad that you are not having yo travel alone.
Love,
Liz & Greg
Post a Comment