Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On Our Way Home!






Rosa and Maggie - our wonderful guides


Good morning! I couldn't get online for some reason last night. Thankfully I can before we leave - I need you guys to pray! We are leaving for the airport at 6am - our flight to Beijing is at 8 and we will arrive around 11. Then our international flight is not until 6:30p!!!! That is over 7 hours in the airport! Please pray for calm litle spirits! Jordyn has been car/air sick 5 times now. I'm going to give her meclizine but please pray about that as well. I've only had 4 hours of sleep (and it wasn't good sleep) and will probably be up now until we are home - please pray for my strength. Thank you all! We had a great day yesterday - but long and tiring. I went back to Shamian Island with friends for shopping and lunch (via taxi no less). We rushed back for all the photo shoots - and then to the consulate for the swearing in. After that - packing! I ran down to pay the bill and get a pepsi while my friend Sharon watched Jordyn - and I got stuck in the elevator. Very small elevator and something about the Chinese is that they try to cram as many people as possible into one elevator. Thankfully, there was one other person in our group on there too - so one other person who didn't speak Chinese. For those of you who know me well, you know I don't do too well in elevators - much less stuck elevators! Finally they got the doors opened and I was prepared to walk the 37 flights but they wouldn't let me! I had to get back on! Hopefully I'll get down this morning! Thank you all for following our journey and for praying. I cannot wait to see everyone! Much love - k

2 comments:

The Sabbatical Chef said...

My dear cousin Kim- I am so excited for you!! You are in my prayers as well as your beautiful new daughter. Please keep the blog going so we'll know how it is going and I promise to come visit when I get home in December!!
Much love,
Teresa

Unknown said...

Kim-Jordyn is so beautiful and looks so happy! If there is anything I can do for you when you get home, please call me!
Love-robin