Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pictures


Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the comments and Scripture. It is really keeping me going! I finally got the laptop to charge - I took off the converter and it's working fine now. Started off a little rough this morning - very homesick for beginners - and Jordyn is testing me big time. We went "sight seeing" this morning. She decided it was a good time to have a tantrum - hundreds of Chinese people looking at me. She is fine when we are alone. I think it is probably all about attention. Developmentally she is about at 2 years - so I guess I get to experience the terrible twos after all :) When I consider her development level, the language barrier, the emotional trauma, and all the things she is experiencing for the first time, I'd say she is doing great. I just need to keep it in perspective. I can't wait to get home! She is very active and needs to be outside running and playing. There is an area in the hotel where we go and throw the ball and she can run - but not quite the same as being outside on a playground. A bit about China - it's the most crowded place I've ever been - and the noise is incredible. Not very pretty - it makes me so very thankful for America - the beauty and the freedom. And the traffic - makes Raleigh at 5pm look like being on a deserted island. There are lots of buses and bikes and scooters - not to mention cars. Everyone just goes where they want - no signals, no nothing. Jordyn and I sat in the front seat of the bus only once - it scared me to death. I told Sherry it was like Barbados plus 4 million people. Thanks again everyone for all the support. Jeanel and the ASC folks - thanks - you guys are awesome and I miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all that you are having to go through right now she is still very beautiful. Looks like she is smiling a lot too; a universal language. You'll know the things to do, it will just take time. Can't wait to learn more as the days go by. Take care of yourself too.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

This blog is addicting...I find myself checking in frequently to see how you are doing. Love the photos and that you are seeing a bit of China. Of course with the Olympics coming up the news is covering the area too...sounds like they got it right with crowding and pollution. It will be a joyous moment when the two of you step inside your home in NC.
Jeanel

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim --
Jordyn is a cutie pie and her smile will just melt your heart! Sounds like you've had an eventful day but be patient (children have a way of teaching us that!) and hang in there. I honestly believe that you and Jordyn were put together for a reason. We're all praying for you and Jordyn. Stay safe. Y'all will be home in a week :)
Val Nagle