Wow- I just read the comments and they have once again lifted me up! Thank you! Anna Ruth, God is answering your prayer. Thank you all for praying. I met Jordyn at 5pm Monday night at my hotel room. We all went to the Civil Affairs office and the other families received their babies but Jordyn wasn't there. First they said she was coming, then they said she would come to the hotel. I was ok with it because it would have frightened her there. All the babies were screaming! Anyway - she wanted nothing to do with me - we immediately had to go and do paperwork and she wouldn't let me touch her. Later, we came back to the room and I ordered room service. Something changed about that time and now she wants me to carry her all the time. She has definitely bonded already! She saw the orphanage workers again today and she wanted nothing to do with them! I'm sure she misses her foster family - they did not come. We do have some behavioral issues however - so please pray that I will know how to respond. The guide said she was "playing me"! An offical spoke to her in Chinese today at the Notary Office and she straightened up fast! I don't know what he said but I need to learn it! She is sleeping right now - the morning was busy. She eats everything! And she slept about 10 hours last night. She is very sweet when in the room - but out in public she gets going! I will post pictures later tonight. I need to find an adapter to charge the laptop. By the way, the hotels are all very nice - everything you need and usually someone around who speaks some English. Thanks everyone for following our journey and praying for us. Love to all.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Tuesday In China _ I think
Wow- I just read the comments and they have once again lifted me up! Thank you! Anna Ruth, God is answering your prayer. Thank you all for praying. I met Jordyn at 5pm Monday night at my hotel room. We all went to the Civil Affairs office and the other families received their babies but Jordyn wasn't there. First they said she was coming, then they said she would come to the hotel. I was ok with it because it would have frightened her there. All the babies were screaming! Anyway - she wanted nothing to do with me - we immediately had to go and do paperwork and she wouldn't let me touch her. Later, we came back to the room and I ordered room service. Something changed about that time and now she wants me to carry her all the time. She has definitely bonded already! She saw the orphanage workers again today and she wanted nothing to do with them! I'm sure she misses her foster family - they did not come. We do have some behavioral issues however - so please pray that I will know how to respond. The guide said she was "playing me"! An offical spoke to her in Chinese today at the Notary Office and she straightened up fast! I don't know what he said but I need to learn it! She is sleeping right now - the morning was busy. She eats everything! And she slept about 10 hours last night. She is very sweet when in the room - but out in public she gets going! I will post pictures later tonight. I need to find an adapter to charge the laptop. By the way, the hotels are all very nice - everything you need and usually someone around who speaks some English. Thanks everyone for following our journey and praying for us. Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Kim,I'm glad to know you now have Jordyn and things are good; she will bond and love you fast. She is one blessed little girl. Can't wait to see pictures to know how she looks and hear the details of her behaviour. It will work out fine. I'm checking constantly but knew you were in a different hotel and very busy Monday. We are fine here at home so stay focused on starting your new life and keep us posted.Love,Sherry
Kim,
Hang in there. She'll know she's loved. That is the one thing that a child can feel shine through.
Enjoy your time and see what she can show you?
Heidi
Hi Kim!
I am checking this blog ALL of the time! I can't wait to see the updates and find out how things are going. God had me awake most of the night Sunday night, so you and Jordyn got lots of prayers! :) I know that your love and consistency will help Jordyn in this time of adjustment. You will be just fine! You remain in our prayers. I'm looking forward to the next update and pictures.
Love, Paige
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jordyn on your new journey. Everything will work out well! Congratulations!
Kim
Kim-thinking about and Jordyn! The behavior issues will work themselves out. She will quickly figure out that you love her so much and want the best for her, and she will do her best for you. Poor little girl has been through so much! God WILL show you the way!
Love-Robin
Kim, Praise the Lord that you now have your daughter with you! After years of waiting, you are finally a family. Isn't it amazing how God works? Prayers for you and Jordyn as you are bonding and getting used to one another. I can't wait to see pictures and read the next update!! Enjoy every moment together in China!
Love in Christ,
Rachel Treichler
Kim,
I am so very glad to read that you have your little girl now! I'm glad that she has already bonded with you. (Are you building up your arm muscles already?!) As others have said, the behavioral issues will come. It will just take time. And with all your love, they will work themselves out.
Your mom and I have been having great discussions. The dogs are doing fine, just getting used to their new "dog room"! So glad to be able to read all your updates!
Linda Waterman
Kim, she knows you are Momma and she will be fine. What a Blessing! Take care...keep the posts coming! Karen Ferguson
Kim,
I will be praying for you. Testing and behavioral issues are normal. Hang in there. It will get better. Email me if you need me.
Blessings,
Rebecca Kepley
Kim,
Here is a verse for you and Jordyn. "For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."
You are experiencing God's love and faithfulness and Jordyn will understand that one day. I am praying for you. Don't forget to brush her teeth. Love, Karen
Kim --
Sherry has been keeping all of us posted on your adoption journey. And what a journey it has been for you! I'm so glad you are there in China and things are finally happening for you. Jordyn is precious and she's so lucky to have a mom like you. I'm glad to hear she is a good eater! Carry Jordyn around all you can because one day she'll be too big! I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. I look forward to your next posting.
Val Nagle
hey kim!
i'm so excited for you and jordyn!! i cannot wait to meet her. its good to know that things have gone well so far. i'll keep you both in my prayers.
love,
anna
Kim,
You are living your DREAM!!!! The bond between Jordyn and you will only continue to grow over time. I've been thinking about you and want you to know we hung a printout of your blog's front page in PACU ASC. Everyone is excited for you and only had warm and postive thoughts/prayers going your direction.
May the rest of your journey go well...can't wait for your return and to meet Jordyn in person.
Jeanel
Kim,
You are living your DREAM!!!! The bond between Jordyn and you will only continue to grow over time. I've been thinking about you and want you to know we hung a printout of your blog's front page in PACU ASC. Everyone is excited for you and only had warm and postive thoughts/prayers going your direction.
May the rest of your journey go well...can't wait for your return and to meet Jordyn in person.
Jeanel
Kim,
Prayers continue! Enjoy every second, even the challenging ones. They make us stronger parents. I can't wait to see pictures. I am following several times a day....
Love, Sonja Clapp
Post a Comment