Thursday, July 31, 2008

We're Home!





We pulled into the driveway at 3am - so the journey was exactly 30 hours from hotel to driveway. Jordyn really did very good considering - one blessing is that she did not get sick! I did help her out a bit there though. The only bad time we had was on the flight from Beijing to Washington. When she got sleepy and was ready for "bed' around 8:30, she couldn't get comfortable. Normally she is very active and moves around a lot in the bed before falling asleep. She was trying but then started getting fussy - fussy led to upset and upset led to out of control screeming for 2 1/2hours. Finally, they moved the man next to me up to business and we had 3 seats. I had to hold her down but she finally fell asleep and slept for 8 hours. She woke up happy! We were so excited to make it to Washington where she became a US citizen when the plane touched down. We went through customs and immigrations (all the paperwork necessary for her) and then rushed to the plane afraid that we would miss it - only to find out that it was delayed! - until 1 am!!!!! This poor child had to spend several more long hours in an airport with only fast food to eat. Aunt Sherry and Nana met us at the airport at 2am and Lao Lao and Lao Ye were waiting at home. I've gone so many hours now without sleep that I'm ok - even went and walked the dogs. I'm going to try to keep Jordyn up for a while and get her on our time by the end of the week. Right now it's 8pm to her and she's ready for bed! I want to thank all of you so much for your calls, e-mails and comments on the blog - but especially for your prayers. I would not have made it without them! I cannot wait for everyone to meet Jordyn! I'm planning to have an open house sometime in late August so I hope you all can stop by. Much love - k

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you both. So happy to hear you are safe at home. Jordyn is beautiful! What an incredible smile. I could fall in love with her from 1000 miles away! (You probably know the feeling) I will keep you all in my prayers as you begin the adjustment to your new life. Enjoy every minute even the trying ones. They go by so fast. I miss you and would love to see you. Thanks again for including me in this journey. I have had lots of friends here in on the prayers and journey. God Bless.
Sonja Clapp

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!! I've enjoyed your journey too. You have both been in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim Lyon

Rachel said...

Praise the Lord! You are finally together and home at last! Welcome to America Jordyn! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Hope you will continue to do so, now that you are back! Still praying for a smooth transition for you both.
Love,
Rachel Treichler

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! I know that you are glad to be home. Watch Jordyn as she sees things here for the first time...it will be so precious and you will never forget her "firsts"...Mickey's first trip to a grocery store was amazing...I laughed and cried for hours to see his amazement and wonder! God Bless you Both! Welcome Home! Karen Ferguson

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you made it home! My heart sank for you when I saw that your flight was delayed but it sounds like Jordyn was a trooper. We miss eating breakfast (and other meals) with you two!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I am so glad you are home safe and sound. What a journey! The picture of you and Jordyn is beautiful. It's nice to see the two of you together. Can't wait to meet Jordyn. I have really enjoyed the blog. You did a great job considering you were as busy as a new Mom can be... Let me know if you need anything when you get settled. I'm here. Once again, WELCOME HOME!
Love, Liz B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Jordyn,
I've been following the blog and am so glad you two are home safe and sound. You both have been in my prayers for health. safety, and bonding. God has been faithful as always. She has a captivating smile and a loving mommy. I will continue to pray for a smooth transition.
Blessings,
Diane Sambrick

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim.
Welcome home. Thanks so much for sharing your story. What an amazing journey. It is so wonderful to God reveal himself through you and to you.
Sherri Barron

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim and Jordyn,

Welcome Home! I am glad you and little Jordyn made it home and hope all is going well for you both. I totally understand the teeth thing, my kids were the same way (one still is). We have about 20 toothbrushes and various flavors of paste and they get to pick. I am trying to pick my battles! We all miss you so much and can't wait to meet your little girl when you are all settled in. Please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything at all. I am home during the day. By the way, just to make you laugh--the call backs may be waiting for you when you return!! Just kidding, we love you and Jordyn!

Love Sarah Pierson XXXXX

Anonymous said...

By the way, I think Jordyn and Liz Beautz have similar in-flight habits!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim and Jordyn....Welcome Home!!!

I'm amazed at how well you kept up the blog and made it fascinating for us to be part of your travel adventures. Take a breath and enjoy being home (also away from Duke for awhile ;0 ) and spend time with Jordyn. Looking forward to seeing you both and hearing even more stories.

God Bless--Jeanel

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME JORDYN!!! Kim, I am sooo happy for you and feel so honored and blessed that you included me in this amazing journey of God's love, provision and direction. I know He will continue to bless you both! As always you are in my prayers!

God's Abundance,
Jackie Jeter