Saturday, July 18, 2009
A Look Back: July 18th, 2008
If I thought I had it together, I was sadly mistaken. Today I feel so jumbled that I can hardly function. I told Linda that she needed to hang out with me just to make sure I did the things that I had to do. It's one thing to think about leaving on an international trip - I've traveled a bit - been as far as Barbados and Hawaii - but never so far as China. And never to a place where they speak a different language. It's a 13 hour flight - and I don't like to fly (unless it's first class). As I think about all this I suddenly remember why I'm going - I'm going to be a mom - to a 4 (almost 5)year old. OH MY! This has been going on in my mind all day! I did have enough sense to hire a housekeeper to clean my house today! Linda helped me get the rest of the money together. The expenses that will need to be paid in China must be in NEW twenty dollars bills. I did not know that banks no longer have new money. I used to be a teller and we always had new money. Anyway, my bank worked on this all week and didn't have enough really clean twenties. So, we went to Linda's bank - and I called my Dad who was in route and he got some at his credit union. So, between the three, I have it - they're not new but they look pretty good. Tonight I had my stepmother packing, ironing, and touching up paint in the master bath! I think it's all in the suitcase now - do I dare weigh it? I can hardly pick it up. My flight leaves at 10:25am. My father and stepmother will make sure I make it to the plane. One more sleep......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment