Hello to all who are still checking this blog. I would have given up long ago! Things have been a bit crazy and I'll tell you why in a minute. I do plan to continue the "Look Back" (see below this post) up to my trip to China and our journey home - then I'm going to turn the blog into a book for Jordyn to have. I'll still update occasionally, but probably only a few times/year. Since my last post: I was out of work from January 27th until April 30th. Although I initially panicked, it was the right thing for us. And as I waited, the ideal job came along. I'm now a school nurse with Franklin County Schools. One of my schools is just 4 miles away - the other 26 miles but I split my time between them. It is VERY different from hospital nursing which I did for 26 years so I have a lot of adjusting to do. But, the hours - 8-3:30! A week+ off at Christmas and Easter - and 4 1/2 weeks in the summer (mid June to mid July). One of my schools is modified year round so I go back with them in July and work part-time until my other school opens in August. The schedule is perfect for Jordyn. Speaking of Jordyn, she is doing fantastic and has progressed by leaps and bounds. I had a babysitter with her for the 6 weeks I worked and we've been enjoying the summer since then. We went to the beach for a week and then to the mountains for few days. Jordyn has been in swimming lessons since April and she loves it. When we came home from China she was terrified of large bodies of water so she has come a long way! Jordyn is also in private English lessons every week. The language is a struggle but she is putting 2 and 3 words together without prompting now. If I had moved to China 1 year ago I'm quite sure I would not be speaking Chinese at this point! Jordyn had been in speech therapy and occupational therapy but I have stopped both for now. I had considered taking Jordyn to school with me but I have decided on a very small private school in Wake Forest. There will be less than 10 kids and much more individualized attention. She starts August 3rd! This fall will be a major change for both of us! Please pray that Jordyn will feel secure quickly and that she will enjoy going to school. That's the latest! I hope I will be able to adequately describe my feelings as I "Look Back"! Thanks to all who have prayed for us and stayed in touch with us. Much love - k
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I'm Back!
Hello to all who are still checking this blog. I would have given up long ago! Things have been a bit crazy and I'll tell you why in a minute. I do plan to continue the "Look Back" (see below this post) up to my trip to China and our journey home - then I'm going to turn the blog into a book for Jordyn to have. I'll still update occasionally, but probably only a few times/year. Since my last post: I was out of work from January 27th until April 30th. Although I initially panicked, it was the right thing for us. And as I waited, the ideal job came along. I'm now a school nurse with Franklin County Schools. One of my schools is just 4 miles away - the other 26 miles but I split my time between them. It is VERY different from hospital nursing which I did for 26 years so I have a lot of adjusting to do. But, the hours - 8-3:30! A week+ off at Christmas and Easter - and 4 1/2 weeks in the summer (mid June to mid July). One of my schools is modified year round so I go back with them in July and work part-time until my other school opens in August. The schedule is perfect for Jordyn. Speaking of Jordyn, she is doing fantastic and has progressed by leaps and bounds. I had a babysitter with her for the 6 weeks I worked and we've been enjoying the summer since then. We went to the beach for a week and then to the mountains for few days. Jordyn has been in swimming lessons since April and she loves it. When we came home from China she was terrified of large bodies of water so she has come a long way! Jordyn is also in private English lessons every week. The language is a struggle but she is putting 2 and 3 words together without prompting now. If I had moved to China 1 year ago I'm quite sure I would not be speaking Chinese at this point! Jordyn had been in speech therapy and occupational therapy but I have stopped both for now. I had considered taking Jordyn to school with me but I have decided on a very small private school in Wake Forest. There will be less than 10 kids and much more individualized attention. She starts August 3rd! This fall will be a major change for both of us! Please pray that Jordyn will feel secure quickly and that she will enjoy going to school. That's the latest! I hope I will be able to adequately describe my feelings as I "Look Back"! Thanks to all who have prayed for us and stayed in touch with us. Much love - k
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment